The following provides information on the Camogie Associaton National Coaching Committee and also coach education courses including Caman Get a Grip, Caman Get Hooked.
Coaching Committee: The coaching committee is as follows
Chairperson: Eamon Browne
Secretary: Bridget Barnaville
Director of Camogie: Mary O Connor
Coaching Administrator: Yvonne Byrne
Development Officer from each province
Sheila O Donohoe
Coaching and Games Development Committee: Terms of Reference
Subject to the overall jurisdiction of Ardchomhairle (Central Council), the Coaching and Games Development Committee shall:
Shared terms of reference
• Establish and oversee the implementation of a five year Coaching and Games Development strategy.
• Liaise with Coaching Ireland, Irish Sports Council, the GAA and other relevant bodies concerned with coach education, Camogie within the Education sector, participation, inclusion and games development.
• Provide regular reports to Ardchomhairle and a report to Annual Congress.
Book a Coaching Course
County boards and county development officers can now apply for foundation level courses through their Regional Development Officer.
Any club with coaches wishing to attend a coaching course should contact their county board or county development officer to book places on the next scheduled coaching course in their county.
Courses must be applied for minimum 5 weeks in advance of requested course date.
All Courses must be paid for in full at least 1 week before course commencement date.
Cost of Caman Get a Grip Foundation course:
· Foundation course half course (minimum 12, maximum 15 participants) = €300
· Full Foundation course (minimum 20, maximum 24 participants) = €480
If you require more information on Caman Get Hooked Level 1 coaching course please contact your Camogie Regional Development Officer.
The Camogie Player Pathway
The Technical Advisory Group (TAG) of the National Coaching and Training Centre (NCTC) now 'Coaching Ireland' has developed a draft model for Long-Term Player/Athlete Development. The main phases of the model are explained below. Please note that not all players will smoothly assimilate to all phases in a perfect manner. Many will develop different capacities at different rates. These phases have been adapted to Camogie for the development of a Camogie Player Pathway: Camogie Workshops
Player Tracking Documents:
1) Coaching Resource for Tracking Players Progress
2) Players Resource for Tracking Individual Progress